South Korea's foreign minister held a series of talks with his Malaysian and Indonesian counterparts in San Francisco this week and requested for their countries' support in South Korea's bid to host the 2030 World Expo, his office said Saturday.
Park Jin made the request during separate meetings with Malaysian Foreign Minister Zambry Abdul Kadir and Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi on Tuesday on the margins of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) ministerial meeting.
During his talks with Zambry, Park also requested support from Malaysia in efforts to elevate relations between South Korea and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations next year to a "comprehensive strategic partnership," according to Seoul's foreign ministry.
- AmCham seminar explores health care as bigger part of Korea
- Seoul shares down for 3rd day amid geopolitical tension, high US bond yields
- AmCham delegation to visit Washington this week
- Drug crimes in Seoul most common in Itaewon, Gangnam, Hongdae: study
- 이재명 "여·야·정 정책협의체 제안…간병비 급여화 서둘러야"
- S. Korea's rising problem: unemployed youth giving up on job searching
- S. Korea, US, Japan stage first
- Fifty Fifty’s agency terminates contract with 3 of 4 group members